Allen Holub, DDJ & small business

jim nutt jim.nutt at p11.f15.n114.z1.fidonet.org
Sun Oct 2 05:59:17 AEST 1988

 > From: dnelson at umbio.MIAMI.EDU (Dru Nelson)
 > in article <6704 at dasys1.UUCP>, tneff at dasys1.UUCP (Tom Neff) says:
 > comp.sys.apple:1310
 > >
 > > Someone asked where to turn now that DDJ is a smoldering heap of
 > > debris.  I kind of like COMPUTER LANGUAGE.  They concentrate
 >
 > What about Byte?  It has taken the same route as DDJ.  The marketing
 > people at byte run the show now.  It is so unfortunate because Byte
 > used to be such a great magazine.  Look at A+.  After Maggie Cannon
 > left, it turned to the same stuff.(that stuff of plant growing
 > quality)  What ever happened to Micro?  It would hold up its standard
 > for the enthusiast, programmer, hardcore whatever!  Aren't there any
 > good magazines around anymore??

try micro cornucopia out of bend, oregon.  a nice, small, friendly magazine that comes out bimonthly.  they do a little of everything and love submissions.  another possibility is the programmer's journal, but it is more ibm oriented (although they cover a lot of ground as well).

jim nutt
'the computer handyman'

--
St. Joseph's Hospital/Medical Center - Usenet <=> FidoNet Gateway
Uucp: ...{gatech,ames,rutgers}!ncar!noao!asuvax!stjhmc!15.11!jim.nutt