Allen Holub, DDJ & small business

Dru Nelson dnelson at umbio.MIAMI.EDU
Sat Oct 1 07:14:33 AEST 1988

in article <6704 at dasys1.UUCP>, tneff at dasys1.UUCP (Tom Neff) says:

> Someone asked where to turn now that DDJ is a smoldering heap of
> debris.  I kind of like COMPUTER LANGUAGE.  They concentrate

What about Byte?  It has taken the same route as DDJ.  The marketing
people at byte run the show now.  It is so unfortunate because Byte
used to be such a great magazine.  Look at A+.  After Maggie Cannon
left, it turned to the same stuff.(that stuff of plant growing
quality)  What ever happened to Micro?  It would hold up its standard
for the enthusiast, programmer, hardcore whatever!  Aren't there any
good magazines around anymore??

Just my opinion.  Standard disclaimer.  Etc.

--
Dru Nelson                    UUCP: (gould || uunet)!umbio!dnelson
Miami, Florida                 MCI: dnelson
                          Internet: dnelson%umbio at umigw.miami.edu