getch() and getche() in MSC 4.0

Knudsen knudsen at ihlpl.ATT.COM
Tue Oct 25 04:52:54 AEST 1988

In article <10523 at dartvax.Dartmouth.EDU>, yaping at eleazar.dartmouth.edu (Yaping Xu) writes:
> I didn't know that `toupper' was a macro, which it is:
> Thanks for pointing out my stupid mistake--and please stop filling my mailbox

Stupid, hell.  Don't you wish that every C system had some standard,
easy way to check which "fcns" are macros?  That lint warned you
about such problems?

Meanwhile, better print out your stdio.h and other header files
and make a list....
--
Mike Knudsen  Bell Labs(AT&T)   att!ihlpl!knudsen
"Lawyers are like handguns and nuclear bombs.  Nobody likes them,