getch() and getche() in MSC 4.0

Mark Buda hermit at shockeye.UUCP
Wed Oct 26 05:53:48 AEST 1988

In article <10523 at dartvax.Dartmouth.EDU> jalphin at prism.clemson.edu writes:

>	[This article was written by Scott Horne, not Yaping Xu.
>	Direct all e-mail responses to me at jalphin at prism.clemson.edu.]
>
>Several people have answered my question about getch() & getche() in MSC.
>I didn't know that `toupper' was a macro, which it is:
>
>#	define	 toupper(c)	( (islower(c)) ? _toupper(c) : (c) )

Okay, I'm confused. We've got a System V Release 1<n<2 system here, and
conv(3c) says that toupper is a function and _toupper is the macro.
We've got a Genix (4.1BSD) system that says toupper is a macro (and notes
that it is the same as SysV _toupper.) Turbo C agrees with SysV.

How many systems have it which way? (I know. It is unwise to depend on
"toupper" in portable programs...)
--
Mark Buda / Smart UUCP: hermit at shockeye.uucp / Phone(work):(717)299-5189
Dumb UUCP: ...rutgers!bpa!vu-vlsi!devon!shockeye!hermit