C compilers with integrated preprocessors

Sean Fagan seanf at sco.COM
Tue Sep 20 03:25:11 AEST 1988

In article <3999 at bsu-cs.UUCP> dhesi at bsu-cs.UUCP (Rahul Dhesi) writes:
>It is agreed that a Real ANSI-conforming C compiler might not supply a
>separate preprocessor pass, but who cares?  Such a C compiler would be
>an instant commercial failure.

I'm sure Microsoft will be sorry to hear that MSC 4.x and upwards (at least)
and QuickC are doomed to be "an instant commercial failure."  (True, they're
not strictly conforming, yet, but they're trying to get there.)

--
Sean Eric Fagan  | "Never underestimate the bandwith of a pickup full of
seanf at sco.UUCP   |     9-track tapes!"  - Eric Green (elg at killer)