C compilers with integrated preprocessors

Lawrence V. Cipriani lvc at cbnews.ATT.COM
Wed Sep 21 02:53:44 AEST 1988

>In article <3999 at bsu-cs.UUCP> dhesi at bsu-cs.UUCP (Rahul Dhesi) writes:
>It is agreed that a Real ANSI-conforming C compiler might not supply a
>separate preprocessor pass, but who cares?  Such a C compiler would be
>an instant commercial failure.

As long as one can access "the proprocessor" via a command line option
(or whatever) I don't think it matters much if it is a *separate program*
or not.  There are many many applications that use the C preprocessor that
are not C programs.  There is even a "calendar" program that uses the
C preprocessor.

If I couldn't access the preprocessor separately from the rest of the
compilation then I'll just keep the preprocessor I already use.
--
Larry Cipriani, AT&T Network Systems, Columbus OH, cbnews!lvc lvc at cbnews.ATT.COM