PC DOS "Bad command or file name" interrupt wanted

Ralf.Brown at B.GP.CS.CMU.EDU Ralf.Brown at B.GP.CS.CMU.EDU
Wed Sep 14 23:25:38 AEST 1988

In article <1359 at ucsfcca.ucsf.edu>, simrin at mis.ucsf.edu (Steve Simrin) writes:
}In article <1988Sep12.202413.23423 at gpu.utcs.toronto.edu> sarathy at gpu.utcs.UUCP (Rajiv Sarathy) writes:
}>I want DOS to jump to my memory-resident-program instead of printing
}>"Bad command or file name" whenever appropriate.
}
}DOS uses the EXEC function (Int 21h function 4Bh) to load programs and
}external commands. You might try trapping calls to this function and
}checking for the error. If the error is there send control to your
}handler, then to the standard handler. If there is no error, just chain
}to the normal handler.

Except that COMMAND.COM issues the message after it searches the PATH, not
after the EXEC fails.  If the file is not found, EXEC is never called.
--
UUCP: {ucbvax,harvard}!cs.cmu.edu!ralf -=-=-=- Voice: (412) 268-3053 (school)
ARPA: ralf at cs.cmu.edu  BIT: ralf%cs.cmu.edu at CMUCCVMA  FIDO: Ralf Brown 1:129/31