C, and what it is for

Rob Carriere rob at kaa.eng.ohio-state.edu
Tue Sep 20 09:51:11 AEST 1988

In article <8537 at smoke.ARPA> gwyn at brl.arpa (Doug Gwyn (VLD/VMB) <gwyn>) writes:
>In article <8809092242.AA20696 at BOEING.COM> carroll%seatac at BOEING.COM (Jeff Carroll 544-6349) writes:
>>... give their customers what they want.
>[Presumably "they" means "the customers".]
That's what the grammar says (most recent applicable entity).

>The above policy tends to produce products that are not in the
>customers' genuine best interests.  [ system analists are necessary ]
> [ C is not FORTRAN, so sys ana's, not F programmers should look at
>   features ]

Marvelous.  Now how does this answer the complaint that those helpful,
friendly, necessary system people are 1) telling numerical people to
f*** off, and 2) on their more polite days not displaying any interest
in the needs of numerical programmers?

And then I seem to detect a assert( num_programmer == fortran_programmer )
somewhere in your code.  Slight prejudice?

Rob Carriere