PC DOS "Bad command or file name" interrupt wanted

Rahul Dhesi dhesi at bsu-cs.UUCP
Wed Sep 14 13:16:37 AEST 1988

In article <1988Sep12.202413.23423 at gpu.utcs.toronto.edu> sarathy at gpu.utcs.UUCP
(Rajiv Sarathy) writes:
>I want DOS to jump to my memory-resident-program instead of printing
>"Bad command or file name" whenever appropriate.

Nitpicking:  You can't make MS-DOS jump.

Answer:  The "Bad command..." error message comes from the MS-DOS
command interpreter which lies in the file "command.com".  I greatly
doubt that you can make "command.com" transfer control to a
memory-resident program when it sees an invalid command.

Follow-ups to to comp.sys.ibm.pc, please.
--
Rahul Dhesi         UUCP:  <backbones>!{iuvax,pur-ee,uunet}!bsu-cs!dhesi