PC DOS "Bad command or file name" interrupt wanted

Steve Simrin simrin at mis.ucsf.edu
Wed Sep 14 02:58:10 AEST 1988

In article <1988Sep12.202413.23423 at gpu.utcs.toronto.edu> sarathy at gpu.utcs.UUCP (Rajiv Sarathy) writes:
>Let me re-phrase the "Subject".
>
>I want DOS to jump to my memory-resident-program instead of printing
>"Bad command or file name" whenever appropriate.
>
>Yes, I tried posting to "comp.sys.ibm.pc", but to no avail.

DOS uses the EXEC function (Int 21h function 4Bh) to load programs and
external commands. You might try trapping calls to this function and
checking for the error. If the error is there send control to your
handler, then to the standard handler. If there is no error, just chain
to the normal handler.

 Steven Simrin