Array indexing vs. pointers.(please use correct terminology!)

T. William Wells bill at proxftl.UUCP
Fri Sep 30 01:37:32 AEST 1988

In article <70779 at sun.uucp> swilson at sun.UUCP (Scott Wilson) writes:
: All right, I'll be a weenie.  Unless you can see electrons (or holes or
: whatever the hell is going on down there), machine language doesn't
: look like anything.  At best it's a bit pattern or a collection of
: electrical characteristics, hardly a language.  Your description of
: it as 1010... is just an abstraction.  But I know what you were trying
: to say so I'll go back to talking to myself now...

All written language is "just an abstraction".

In other words, "machine language" is an abstraction of the
patterns of electrons or what have you.

But I know that you know that I know that he knows what
you were trying to say... :-)

---
Bill

You can still reach me at proxftl!bill
But I'd rather you send to proxftl!twwells!bill