Recommend a C compiler? (frivolous comment)

Eric S. Raymond eric at snark.uu.net
Sat Aug 19 08:15:27 AEST 1989

In <1989Aug17.162646.21826 at utzoo.uucp> Henry Spencer wrote:
> (Please don't tell me about the various pieces of junk with three-letter
> names ending in "GA".  The early members of that family are to graphics as
> crayons are to Rembrandt.)

Much as I hate to defend IBM, and loath as I am to contradict you, I submit
that including 'VGA' as a piece of junk is untrue and unfair. Jaded as I am
after many a NCGE, the X kaleid demo on my new VGA monitor blew my socks off.
Of course, you did say *early* members....

(color X is fuuUUUUuuunnn...)
--
      Eric S. Raymond = eric at snark.uu.net    (mad mastermind of TMN-Netnews)