Recommend a C compiler?

2014_5001 at uwovax.uwo.ca 2014_5001 at uwovax.uwo.ca
Tue Aug 22 00:56:59 AEST 1989

In article <2420 at hp-sdd.hp.com>, craigb at hp-sdd.hp.com (Craig Bosworth) writes:
> Contrary to a previous poster's assertion, there is a way to use external
> libraries with Turbo C (2.0, anyway).  You need to create a project file
> (which lists module dependencies, etc.), including the library name.
>
> A project file might contain (from Turbo C User's Guide, p. 36):
>
> 		MYMAIN (MYFUNCS.H, SPECIAL.OBJ)
> 		MYFUNCS (MYFUNCS.H, OTHER.LIB)
> 		SPECIAL.OBJ
> 		OTHER.LIB
>
> This (among other things) causes OTHER.LIB to be linked in.  For a discussion
> of project files see the User's Guide, pp. 29-36.
>
> I use Turbo for its speed, debugger, and integrated environment.  Microsoft
> offers these features, but to get them you have to use QuickC, then (if
> necessary) switch to the fullblown command line version for production code.
> I am concerned, however about Turbo's reputation for being a little buggy. It
> hasn't gotten me yet, but if it does it of course will be at the worst possible
> time...
>
> BOS
>
> Direct "my compiler's better than your compiler" posts to
> alt.religion.computers, please.

Sorry if I wasn't very clear.  I did mean that you can use the project
facility.  I LOVE the project facility.  I find that it is no great problem to
specify a project file.

----
Alex Pruss
Department of Applied Mathematics, Astronomy,
Mathematics, or Physics                     University of Western Ontario
pruss at uwovax.uwo.ca         pruss at uwovax.BITNET          A5001 at nve.uwo.ca