Recommend a C compiler?

D'Arcy Cain darcy at bbm.UUCP
Sat Aug 19 15:21:15 AEST 1989

In article <2420 at hp-sdd.hp.com>, craigb at hp-sdd.hp.com (Craig Bosworth) writes:
> Followup To:
> hasn't gotten me yet, but if it does it of course will be at the worst possible
> time...
Are you saying Microsoft has no bugs?  I can show you a while loop that
Microsoft turns into a do-while!! After numerous phone calls to the
line they laughingly refer to as technical support I finally solved the
problem by turning off optimization.  Seeing as I upgraded in order to
get optimization it seems a rather poor workaround.

I also have Borland's Turbo C 2.0.  I don't know what their support is
like because I have never had to use it.  I suppose that is a point
for them.

D'Arcy J.M. Cain
(darcy at bbm, cain!darcy at telly.on.ca)