IBM-PC specific messages in comp.lang.c

Wade Guthrie evil at arcturus.UUCP
Tue Feb 7 02:54:10 AEST 1989

In article <2989 at ficc.uu.net>, peter at ficc.uu.net (Peter da Silva) writes:
> Perhaps this should be added to the "answers to freqiently asked questions"?
>
> 	Q: I have a problem with some IBM-PC 'C' compiler.
> 	A: Ask it on comp.sys.ibm.pc.

Note: often, the problem seems PC specific, but is not necessarily so.  In
these cases, this is the perfect newsgroup.  The fact that a specific
implementation (for which a newgroup exists) is cited should not deter
people from dealing with C questions here.  (Other times, the problem
should be taken to comp.sys.ibm.pc).

> Or maybe "Emily Postnews":
>
> 	Q: I've just run into a problem with my IBM-PC 'C' compiler...
>
> 	A: That's horrible. Rush right over to comp.lang.c and complain!
> 	   Maybe they'll get it into the new ANSI standard and force IBM
> 	   to abandon MS-DOS and switch to UNIX.

Do I detect a little attitude here?  Geez, what a grouch!

Wade Guthrie
evil at arcturus.UUCP
Rockwell International
Anaheim, CA

(Rockwell doesn't necessarily believe / stand by what I'm saying; how could
they when *I* don't even know what I'm talking about???)