IBM-PC specific messages in comp.lang.c

Chris Torek chris at mimsy.UUCP
Tue Feb 7 17:24:35 AEST 1989

>In article <2989 at ficc.uu.net> peter at ficc.uu.net (Peter da Silva) writes:
>>Perhaps this should be added to the "answers to freqiently asked questions"?
>>	Q: I have a problem with some IBM-PC 'C' compiler.
>>	A: Ask it on comp.sys.ibm.pc.

In article <8613 at dasys1.UUCP> wfp at dasys1.UUCP (William Phillips)
(along with Doug Macdonald, in some other article whose referent I
do not intend to find) writes:
>Your suggestion prompts the following:
>	Q: I have a problem with some Unix 'C' compiler.
>	A: Ask it on comp.unix.questions.

If the problem is specific to a Unix C compiler, this is proper!
Likewise, if the problem or question is specific to the IBM PC, it does
not belong on comp.lang.c.  This is why I try to redirect questions
about single-character input to comp.unix.questions; it is why
questions about new releases of Turbo C should stay in comp.sys.ibm.pc;
and it is why questions about the proper form for a declaration of a
pointer to pointer to array 5 of pointer to function returning pointer
to array 10 of array 3 of pointer to pointer to function returning pointer
to char belong in comp.lang.c.

(Incidentally, the answer is `char *(**(*(*(**foo)[5])())[10][3])();'.)