Laplace TransFORMS

mike caldwell mike at pmafire.UUCP
Wed Feb 8 01:51:58 AEST 1989

In article <666 at usl.usl.edu> pcb at usl.usl.edu (Peter C. Bahrs) writes:
>I am writing some petroleum engineering applications (related to
>graphics r&d and ||processing) and I need to solve some laplace
>tranforms.  All of the techniques I've seen are solvable by
>paper and pencil, but have not easily been modeled in an algorithm
>(that could be computer solvable).
>
>I am looking for PD software, algorithms, or references to this
>domain area.

Dr.  Barry D.  Ganapol gave a paper at the ANS summer meeting.  The
paper was titled _The Solution to the Nuclear Reactor Kinetic Equations
with a Continuous Slowing Down Model Using Numerical Laplace Transform
Inversion_.  He evaluates the inversion on the Bromwich contour and uses
some change of variables.  There isn't enough detail in the transactions
for me to understand the method, but I can send a copy if you want.  You
might want to do a literature search for other papers written by Dr.
Ganapol or contact him at the University of Arizona.

--
Mike Caldwell (mike at pmafire)
Paths: ...uunet!pmafire!mike | ...!ucdavis!egg-id!pmafire!mike