trigraphs (was Why are character arrays special)

David Goodenough dg at lakart.UUCP
Thu Feb 16 04:31:50 AEST 1989

>From article <15941 at mimsy.UUCP>, by chris at mimsy.UUCP (Chris Torek):
I In article <1875 at dataio.Data-IO.COM> bright at Data-IO.COM (Walter Bright) writes:
n>It's irritating to have to implement a feature that nobody in their right
e>mind is going to use, and that has such a negative impact on the product.
s My suggestion is to provide two separate versions of the compiler, one
. that completely ignores trigraphs, and one that optionally scans them.
i The installation sequence, then, might go like this:
. 	Do you want to have trigraphs available?
u If the user answers `yes', the next prompt is:
b 	Why?

Beause he's trying to install a C compiler on a Commodore Pet with a silly
64 Character non-ascii character set :-) :-) :-) :-)
--
	dg at lakart.UUCP - David Goodenough		+---+