TurboC 2.0 vs. TurboC Professional

Richard Schaut g-tookey at rocky.cs.wisc.edu.
Mon Jul 24 10:02:44 AEST 1989

In article <14607 at dartvax.Dartmouth.EDU> pete at northstar89.dartmouth.edu (Peter Schmitt) writes:
>I would like to purchase TurboC and began pricing it by looking first
>in Computer Shopper.  I found TurboC 2.0 for as low as $85, but the
>ad also listed TurboC Professional for $159.
>
>What is the difference (besides price) between these two products.
>Why would I want or need one over the other.

The difference is that the Professional package includes TASM (Borland's
assembler-MASM compatible) and the Turbo Debugger (TD).  TD offers
debugging capabilities that the TC Integrated Development Environment
doesn't, and rivals Microsoft's Codeview.  My personal opinion is
that both extras in the Professional package are worth the extra
bucks.

Rick
Please send e-mail to:
schaut at madnix.UUCP
ArpaNet: madnix!schaut at cs.wisc.edu
UseNet: ...uwvax!astroatc!nicmad!madnix!schaut
             {decvax!att}!

Madison: an alternative to reality

I am posting this through a friend's account.  His consent to my use of his
account in no way implies his consent to responsibility for the opinions
expressed herein.