Looking to C conversion utility

Steve Miller stevem at hpvcfs1.HP.COM
Thu Jul 27 03:28:27 AEST 1989

I'm looking for a shell script, C program, or anything that will do the
following conversions on a large number of C source files:

1) Convert all variables spelled "my_var" to "myVar"
2) Convert all procedures named "My_Procedure" to "MyProcedure"
3) Convert all variable types to a custome typedef:
   (Example:  convert "char" to "UBYTE" or convert "short" to "UINT")
4) Leave constants alone (MY_CONSTANT)

The script/program must work reliably enough that minimal or no editing needs
to be done to correct mistakes since many source files are involved.  I
expect these types of things have been done before and it would be nice to
take advantage of existing solutions of this problem.

Thanks in Advance.

Steven Miller  stevem at hpvcfs1
Vancouver Division
Hewlett Packard