what is BSS and BSSEND

Joseph C McDonald HyperDriven at cup.portal.com
Tue Mar 7 16:13:02 AEST 1989

hello everyone,
I have a somewhat simple question: when I instruct my compiler to convert
C code to asm I have some things in there called BSS and BSSEND. Now I think
that they are the unitialized variables but I am curious about the meanings
of BSS and BSSEND what do they stand for? If I had to guess I would say
that it stood for Before Stack Segment and Before Stack Segment END, but
it is only a guess and my luck with guesses and C is not too good right now.
    Anyone know for sure what they stand for?
       Thanks
      -=Joseph=-
 HyperDriven at portal.cup.com