Question about C sound capabilities

Farrell Woods ftw at masscomp.UUCP
Sun Mar 5 03:43:26 AEST 1989

In article <1917 at cveg.uucp> arb2 at hcx.uucp (BOB BARKER) writes:

> I am new to the C language, and I would like to know if the language has
> the capability to produce sound, or more specificly music.

I don't know of a language that is specifically intended for making sound
or music.  Usually, such capabilities are added to the language by a
vendor who supports a specific machine.  These added features are not
actually part of the language itself.

For the ambitious, most C implementations allow easy access to the
underlying hardware.  If you compiler is lacking in the sound department,
you could write your own functions to make sound.

Good luck!
--
Farrell T. Woods				Voice:  (508) 392-2471
Concurrent Computer Corporation			Domain: ftw at masscomp.com
1 Technology Way				uucp:   {backbones}!masscomp!ftw
Westford, MA 01886				OS/2:   Half an operating system