This one bit me today

Norman Diamond diamond at csl.sony.co.jp
Wed Oct 11 15:55:33 AEST 1989

In article <4147 at ncsuvx.ncsu.edu> jnh at ecemwl.UUCP (Joseph N. Hall) writes:

>>I certainly hope "Consumer Reports" never rates programming languages ...

Actually they might some day.  But Mac and Next stuff are the first
sorts of things that are capable of Consumer Reports misrating.

In article <229 at bbxsda.UUCP> scott at bbxsda.UUCP (Scott Amspoker) writes:

>Allow me :-)
>Well, there was FORTRAN, COBOL, and PL/1.  Now there is a new kid on the
>block, 'C'.  How does 'C' measure up to it's bigger brothers?

Well, C is not quite the new kid on the block.  Fortran's around 33
years old or so, and Cobol is in the same vicinity.  C is only 19, so
it is a younger brother, but it's not a kid.  (Except in some ways.)

--
Norman Diamond, Sony Corp. (diamond%ws.sony.junet at uunet.uu.net seems to work)
  The above opinions are inherited by your machine's init process (pid 1),