ambiguous ? (God? Will you forgive me for starting this?)

Michael Hunter bagpiper at pnet02.gryphon.com
Thu Oct 26 12:00:20 AEST 1989

gwyn at smoke.BRL.MIL (Doug Gwyn) writes:
>In article <14108 at lanl.gov> jlg at lanl.gov (Jim Giles) writes:
>>The main (almost exclusive) reason C spreads to some
>>sites is that the _management_ begins to believe all the hype and
>>decides to _require_ conversion.
>Most C programmers that I know chose to use C without any prompting
>from management.  Hell, our management isn't qualified to choose
>programming languages for us.

Unfortunately they DON'T always think that!  Worse, is the governments
insistence that EVERYTHING be written in ADA and they can handle controlloing
the evolution of the language.....!!

Mike Hunter - Box's and CPU's from HELL: iapx80[012]86, PR1ME 50 Series, 1750a
UUCP: {ames!elroy, <routing site>}!gryphon!pnet02!bagpiper
INET: bagpiper at pnet02.gryphon.com