Freelance

Richard Childers childers at avsd.UUCP
Sat Oct 14 10:01:46 AEST 1989

fredb at llama.UUCP (Fred Buechler) writes:

>And after reading your discussion of a C compiler arbitrarily creating a fixed
>length buffer for a dimensionless array, I can only imagine the kind of results
>that you produce ...

Hmm. Is that so. I don't recall offering any advice to anyone about how to
create a fixed-length buffer for a dimensionless array. I _have_ posted on
how to find ASCII strings using MSC 4.0, perhaps you've confused me with
another ?

Imagine away. I'm not a consultant or a contractor at this point in time, and
even if I was I wouldn't be so foolish as to deny that the title has nothing
to do with the competence of the individual, it does. I'd also suggest that
titles tends to make contractors' self-perception a little shaky, as when they
begin to see themselves as consultants, they get the mistaken idea that they
have risen above errors.

I'm certainly interested in becoming a contractor or consultant, but more for
reasons of financial security and self-management than for reasons of ego.
This is not the case with many of the consultants I've met.

Very simply ...		professionalism != consultancy.

They are two entirely different critters.

Followups to alt.flame ...

>Fred.

-- richard

--
 *	A CITIZEN:   "Who might you be ? Samson ? --"                         *
 *	CYRANO:      "Precisely. Would you kindly lend me your jawbone ?"     *