Help...

Richard Childers childers at avsd.UUCP
Thu Oct 12 03:38:31 AEST 1989

gwyn at brl.arpa (Doug Gwyn) writes:

>rang at cs.wisc.edu (Anton Rang) writes:

>-[ This is not a flame, just a clarification, OK? ]

>-There is no difference between "char h[]" and "char *h" in a
>-declaration; they do exactly the same thing.

>What is this, comp.lang.c.morons?

I think that is quite uncalled for. This is a newsgroup dedicated towards
helping novices get their feet under them, as well as answering particular
oddball questions best resolved through consensus. A little tolerance is
not inappropriate.

>[ This IS a flame! ]

I liked Anton's clarification better. He was trying to help, and I saw no
misinformation in _his_ posting, although he _did_ quote  someone else who
was pretty confused.

>At least Rang got one thing right:

Oh, c'mon, he's trying to be helpful. Are you ?

Perhaps we need a com.lang.c.wiz for those too busy to help beginners.

-- richard

--
 *	A CITIZEN:   "Who might you be ? Samson ? --"                         *
 *	CYRANO:      "Precisely. Would you kindly lend me your jawbone ?"     *