Request for help w/porting strings (8bit) to (16bit) strings...

Frotz frotz at drivax.UUCP
Sat Sep 23 08:25:35 AEST 1989

	Does anyone have any experience porting strings from 7- & 8-bit
languages to 16-bit languages like Kanji?  Intuitively, I should be
using mblen(), mbtowc(), mbstowcs(), wctomb() and wcstombs().

	All of the manuals that I have for this are very clear on the
function of these calls.  However, it does not give me any clue as to
WHY I should use them...  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--Frotz @Digital Research, Incorporated		amdahl!drivax!frotz
	 70 Garden Court, B15			(408) 649-3896
	 Monterey, California  93940		Ask for John Fa'atuai

"Something to talk about other than free(), NULL, etc..."
	-- Me;-)