C most commonly asked questions: WAS: restructuring newsgroup

Mark Marsh mark at siva.UUCP
Sun Sep 17 04:46:09 AEST 1989

In article <1141 at nbife.NBI.COM>, ron at nbife.NBI.COM (Ron Schweikert) writes:
> Is it viable to compile these questions with others and create our own
> 'most commonly-asked questions'?  It could be added to as needed, and may
> cut down on some traffic.  Chris Torek and others have posted nice
> comprehensive followups to some questions that are mini-tutorials in their
> own right.  I save these and refer to them after exiting news.  I also have
> them available here for others (saves my explanation time when others come
> to me).  Since C questions tend to be more varied than the 'commonly asked
> questions' in the comp.unix groups, perhaps some of these mini-tutorials
> (on pointer representation etc.) could be included.

This sounds like a good idea to me. Perhaps a monthly posting of frequently
asked questions will grow large very fast if there are a number of the
aforementioned long tutorials. Maybe a monthly posting of an e-mail address
to request a copy of a compilation of these questions would serve the purpose
and also keep down some of the news volume.

Comments?

--
smail: mark at siva
uucp : ...!ames!pacbell!sactoh0!siva!mark