C most commonly asked questions: WAS: restructuring newsgroup

Ron Schweikert ron at nbife.NBI.COM
Wed Sep 13 00:21:49 AEST 1989

There has been a lot of discussion on restructuring the newsgroup with
good comments on both sides.  A couple people have touched on a possible
solution but not really presented it as such.  If someone has, I've missed
it and apologize.

As in the comp.unix groups, there is a monthly posting of most commonly-asked
questions.  Posters here in the last few days have lamented the freqeuntly
asked questions like null pointers, not using main as an entry etc.

Is it viable to compile these questions with others and create our own
'most commonly-asked questions'?  It could be added to as needed, and may
cut down on some traffic.  Chris Torek and others have posted nice
comprehensive followups to some questions that are mini-tutorials in their
own right.  I save these and refer to them after exiting news.  I also have
them available here for others (saves my explanation time when others come
to me).  Since C questions tend to be more varied than the 'commonly asked
questions' in the comp.unix groups, perhaps some of these mini-tutorials
(on pointer representation etc.) could be included.

Any comment?  Feasible?

Ron Schweikert  (always learning!  Thanks for those who post such comprehensive
answers to questions while others post one-line responses.)

--
Ron Schweikert
303/444-5710 x5026