Is there a IBM 370 C compiler?

Jeff Beard jbeard at quintus.UUCP
Tue Sep 12 01:48:27 AEST 1989

>> Does anyone know of a C compiler for the IBM 370 mainframe environment.
>> I'm specifically looking for one to run under the MVS/XA operating system.
>> Thanks in advance.

Of course!  5713-AAG & 5713-AAH  These are derivatives of the Whitesmith`s
C compiler.  As IBM has announced SAA with a C component, one may expect this
to be that compiler.

Prior experience however, lead me to find the SAS/C compiler which is by far
superior when considering multi-user, reenterant code and like issues.
The object decks from it are fuly compatible across VM and MVS IFF system
dependencies can be avoided ( data set names, SVC calls, ...).

SAS Institute
BOX 8000
Cary, NC 27511-8000

(919) 467-8000.