Lattice surpasses Microsoft ??????????

Jeff Vetter jsv at hpsad.HP.COM
Thu Sep 28 01:37:42 AEST 1989

  I recently viewed an ad for Lattice C v6.0.  They made some impressive
claims and after checking into the prices, at a substantially cheaper price
than Microsoft C v5.1.  The ad was in Dr. Dobb's Journal.

  They report that Lattice C v6.0 has better perfomance, better
compatibility, and almost twice the library support of either Microsoft
or Borland.  Also, they have added language extentions such as:
critical and private.

  Included in the development kit is:  the compiler, an assembler,
numerous libraries (eg. communications, graphics, etc.), a make utility,
an editor, a debugger, a librarian, etc. All sell for a retail price of $250.
If you go to a third-party vendor, $200-$215.

  Has anyone used this new compiler?  I have never used anything but
Microsoft, so would someone fill me in on the Lattice story.

  Thanks.

Jeffrey Vetter
Signal Analysis Division
Rohnert Park, CA