BEST MSDOS C EDITOR?

Jon Brinkmann jvb7u at astsun.astro.Virginia.EDU
Tue Sep 5 11:57:22 AEST 1989

Aw come on guys!  Hasn't anyone out there use Multi-Edit?  I've found it
to be the best editor I have ever used, and I've used alot of them
(EDT, EVE, VI, EMACS to name a few).  On top of that, you can get a
free demo copy from SIMTEL20.ARMY.MIL.  It's called
	PD1:<MSDOS.EDITOR>ME400A.ARC.1

It supports over a dozen different languages as well as having a very
nice macro language of it's own.  You can configure it to do just about
anything you want.  The macro language has elements of both PASCAL and C
in it, so it's fairly easy to use.  The language itself is written in
with an assembler kernel and a user 'shell' written in this macro language.
The base package (executables only) runs about $100.  If you want the
source code for the shell and their debugger, I think it's about $175.

I suggest you get the demo package and try it.  You won't be disappointed!

Jon