Perfect HASH functions.....

Ozan Yigit oz at yunexus.UUCP
Wed Sep 27 13:24:31 AEST 1989

In article <1989Sep26.133339.2890 at twwells.com> bill at twwells.com (T. William Wells) writes:
>Here's my invention, which is not quite a hash table, but will do
>quite as well: create a binary tree in which the numbers are used to
>control the descent of the tree.

Nice trie !! :-) Actually, it is nice to be able to invent things (I did
that once or twice), even if they are about a decade old. See "radix
search tries" or "compressed tries" or "digital search tries" . Also see
Knuth, or "Handbook of Algorithms and Data Structures" by G. H. Gonnet,
Addison-Wesley ISBN 0-201-14218-X.

oz
The king: If there's no meaning	   	    Usenet:    oz at nexus.yorku.ca
in it, that saves a world of trouble        ......!uunet!utai!yunexus!oz
you know, as we needn't try to find any.    Bitnet: oz@[yulibra|yuyetti]
Lewis Carroll (Alice in Wonderland)         Phonet: +1 416 736-5257x3976