FYI: A Truly pd yacc. (zoo or what is in a name)

Rob Carriere rob at phao.eng.ohio-state.edu
Fri Sep 8 06:40:08 AEST 1989

In article <3615 at yunexus.UUCP> oz at yunexus.UUCP (Ozan Yigit) writes:
>I received a ton of mail about the name, ZOO, which is of course used by a
>well-known archiever.
[...]
>The point is folks, a ROSE is a ROSE by any other name. Take it, and
>enjoy it. If you find bugs, we certainly will know what to patch.

That's not the point.  I'm sure you know which program you wrote :-) I'm
fairly sure I can remember how to use `mv', but I'm not at all sure that I'll
be able to see which program is which on an archive server.  Those machines
usually rely on you knowing the program from the name, and that doesn't work
too well in this case.

SR