FYI: A Truly pd yacc. (zoo or what is in a name)

Ozan Yigit oz at yunexus.UUCP
Sat Sep 9 01:05:57 AEST 1989

In article <1680 at hydra.riacs.edu> davy at hydra.riacs.edu.UUCP (Dave Curry)
writes:
>I'll probably just call it PD-YACC or something and warn people not to
>call it ZOO.

PD-YACC may not be what you want, it is what the original ATT Yacc has
been called, and mistakenly distributed under. Perhaps REALLY-PD-YACC ??
:-) or to place credit where it is due, call it CORBETT-YACC.

>But it'd be a lot easier if the author would choose some
>name that isn't already "taken".

Yes, I see this has become a problem of such scale, people have been
flaming Bob Corbett, as a way to thank him no doubt. In any case, Bob will
probably name it something else shortly. I have been getting my share of
mail (75 pieces so far, not quite as nasty) for my postings. I had hoped
that in this case, need, PD-ness and functionality will transcend the
name. I admit my naivete.

Now, I have decided to build a "Un*x list of Names" so we can all flame
each other about this name or that, and avoid deadly confusion. :-)

oz-but-not-what-the-name-suggests

The king: If there's no meaning	   	    Usenet:    oz at nexus.yorku.ca
in it, that saves a world of trouble        ......!uunet!utai!yunexus!oz
you know, as we needn't try to find any.    Bitnet: oz@[yulibra|yuyetti]
Lewis Carroll (Alice in Wonderland)         Phonet: +1 416 736-5257x3976