Weird problem with C compiler under SCO - I can't believe it!

Scott Amspoker scott at bbxsda.UUCP
Thu Sep 28 01:24:32 AEST 1989

In article <534 at crdos1.crd.ge.COM> davidsen at crdos1.UUCP (bill davidsen) writes:
>Another thing which was left out of the ANSI standard is some name space
>reserved to the user. That is, some subset of names which they promise
>not to snatch away in the next standard. The space is getting pretty
>thin now, with a lot of common user names being used in libraries and
>stuff, and some user space would be a good thing for consideration in
>the next standard.

It's becoming more and more a problem.  It has happened to us much
more lately (the past year) than ever before.  Our well thought out,
descriptive symbol names are starting to show up in system libraries
and header files.  We have no choice but to do a quick search-and-replace
to get the port finished.

--
Scott Amspoker
Basis International, Albuquerque, NM