Weird problem with C compiler under SCO - I can't believe it!

Wm E Davidsen Jr davidsen at crdos1.crd.ge.COM
Wed Sep 27 07:53:28 AEST 1989

Another thing which was left out of the ANSI standard is some name space
reserved to the user. That is, some subset of names which they promise
not to snatch away in the next standard. The space is getting pretty
thin now, with a lot of common user names being used in libraries and
stuff, and some user space would be a good thing for consideration in
the next standard.

SCO added another name to their curses library (I believe it was quit)
which conflicts with several programs I use. To top it all off the
routine is not in SysV or BSD or even SCO documentation, just an
internal name which someone forgot to make static.

--
bill davidsen	(davidsen at crdos1.crd.GE.COM -or- uunet!crdgw1!crdos1!davidsen)
that the world is flat!" - anon