Turbo C graphics library

pga-grd at cs.rit.edu pga-grd at cs.rit.edu
Mon Apr 9 05:51:03 AEST 1990

In article <35769 at cci632.UUCP> tre at cci632.UUCP (Todd Engle) writes:

>	Dear Turbo C wizards:
>
>	I would like to find out if one can have a visible cursor in a
>graphics window.  The Turbo C manual states that the cursor is
>invisible at the 'CP' (Current Position?) in graphics mode, but I could not find where to 'manually' turn it on.  I would like to make a user aware
>of his/her screen location (i.e for prompting).

  I don't have my Turbo C manual handy since I'm sitting in the middle of a
UNIX lab right now, but I have a suggestion.  There is a library function
that allows you to place an arbitrarily-sized image on the screen.  You could
then write code that displays a cursor-sized block of pixels at the CP.  Sorry
that I couldn't be more specific about this function, but if you spend a few
moments looking through the manual, I think you'll find what I'm talking about.

>Also, is it possible to have reverse video in graphics mode in Turbo C?  I know
>that is it is possible in text mode, but I have been unable to find an answer
>for graphics.

  This might require some extra effort, since one way to do it is to display
your own bit-mapped characters.  In that way, you could control reverse video
in a straightforward manner.

[ Jack D. Unrue              | "Alert is alive and alive is alert..."         ]
[ ultb::"jdu4855 at cs.rit.edu" |   - a thief's credo in Sanctuary               ]