video mode question

GORDON KEEGAN c145gmk at utarlg.utarl.edu
Tue Dec 11 06:50:05 AEST 1990

In article <66205 at unix.cis.pitt.edu>, brs at unix.cis.pitt.edu (Brian Stupar) writes...
>does anyone know how to set the video mode to 80 x 43?  i have
>tried using int 10 func 00, but any values over 11 result in
>no change in the screen mode.  the interrupt list documents
>mode values up to around 70, but any over 11 have no effect.
>is there something i'm missing, something i've done wrong, or
>is this mode not available for use?  the machine is 386 based
>with VGA graphics.
>
>any help would be greatly appreciated.
>brian

	There's a 4K or 5K file in the simtel20 archives that is
	supposed to have examples for setting the video mode to
	25, 43, and 50 lines.  I haven't gotten it and looked at
	it yet, but it may be somewhere for you to start.

	    ftp to:  wsmr-simtel20.army.mil  (26.2.0.74)

	Then change directories to PD1:<MSDOS.SCREEN> and get
	the file VIDMODE.ZIP.  Hope this helps.

|  Gordon Keegan                    ||   Bitnet  : c145gmk at utarlg           |
|  Systems Programmer               ||   THEnet  : UTARLG::C145GMK          |
|  Academic Computing Services      ||   Internet: c145gmk at utarlg.utarl.edu |
|  University of Texas, Arlington   ||   AT&TNet : 817-273-2208             |