Roots of polynomials

GORDON KEEGAN c145gmk at utarlg.utarl.edu
Tue Dec 11 09:25:37 AEST 1990

In article <4529 at idunno.Princeton.EDU>, subbarao at phoenix.Princeton.EDU (Kartik Subbarao) writes...

>>Yeh, I wrote one when I was in school too.
>>I didn't have any problems with it, and as I remember, even
>>the "slower" students seemed to provide a workable solution.
>>So, keep working (or should I say start working), and I'm
>>sure you'll be able to write one soon enough.

	Finding roots for a quadratic was easy enough.  However,
	if you could give me pointers to finding roots to higher
	degree polynomials, I'd be interested in hearing from you.
	(no, this is not a lab assignment... :)

>Anyway -- what does everyone else think about this? I've seen both sorts of
>attitudes on the subject. What do you guys think comp.lang.c should do?

	I won't reply to what is (IMHO) a request for answers to
	homework.  I can't affect what others will do.  'Nuff said.

|  Gordon Keegan                    ||   Bitnet  : c145gmk at utarlg           |
|  Systems Programmer               ||   THEnet  : UTARLG::C145GMK          |
|  Academic Computing Services      ||   Internet: c145gmk at utarlg.utarl.edu |
|  University of Texas, Arlington   ||   AT&TNet : 817-273-2208             |