Roots of polynomials

Jody Hagins hagins at gamecock.rtp.dg.com
Thu Dec 6 04:55:58 AEST 1990

In article <2173 at mentor.cc.purdue.edu>, k3u at mentor.cc.purdue.edu (Barry Smith) writes:
|> Does anyone have the source code to routines that can extract
|> the complex roots of polynomials?  If there is a book that has
|> the source code that would be fine too.
|>
|> -Barry Smith

Yeh, I wrote one when I was in school too.
I didn't have any problems with it, and as I remember, even
the "slower" students seemed to provide a workable solution.
So, keep working (or should I say start working), and I'm
sure you'll be able to write one soon enough.

GENERAL NOTE:

It's getting close to finals time, and while it is tempting,
this newsgroup is not the place for getting your homework
done.  This group (comp.lang.c) and comp.lang.pascal (the other
group to which this article was posted) is meant for mutual exchange
(and education) concerning these languages.  Not only is it unethical,
but I'm sure your school has an honor code which prohibits this
type of activity.  I'm getting tired of seeing "do my homework"
requests on this network!!!!  How in the hell do you expect to
learn anything if others do it for you all the time?!?!?!?!?

--

Jody Hagins
hagins at gamecock.rtp.dg.com
Data General Corp.