Rationale

Keld J|rn Simonsen keld at login.dkuug.dk
Mon Dec 10 01:42:09 AEST 1990

gwyn at smoke.brl.mil (Doug Gwyn) writes:

>In article <3854 at skye.ed.ac.uk> richard at aiai.UUCP (Richard Tobin) writes:
>>Which reminds me - I got my copy of the Standard through BSI, who in turn
>>got it from ISO.  It doesn't include the rationale.  Where did it get lost?

>I doubt very much that they distributed a copy of the ANSI C standard
>(X3.159-1989), because that includes the Rationale.  Maybe you should
>complain to your supplier.

The ISO standard does not include the Rationale. So are the ISO rules.
If you want the Rationale, then order the ANSI standard from ANSI -
not the ISO standard form BSI. In WG14 we talked about the possiblity
of publishing the Rationale in the forthcoming addendum, but we
unfortunately still think that this is impossible under ISO rules.

Keld Simonsen