Curses (Text Window Manager Library)

Kristofer A Munn kmunn at engws7.ic.sunysb.edu
Sat Dec 15 06:03:36 AEST 1990

I have been working with the CURSES Window Manager on a HP-UX system here
at school for a few months now and have become quite fluent with it.  However,
I am disappointed at the limitations the package forces upon the programmer
in the area of text font styles.  The only styles available are normal and
reversed text (using the STANDOUT() || WSTANDOUT(window) functions).  Many
terminal types (ie VT100) can also display boldface, underlined and blinking
text... or mixtures thereof.  CURSES makes no use of these features however,
and I have often found myself wondering if it would be possible to add some
functions to my work which would enhance the standard library for certain
machines.

Has anyone looked into this possibility already?  Thanks...
--
Kristofer Munn ----- prisoner of the State University of New York at Stonybrook
Contact at kmunn at ic.sunysb.edu,   kmunn at ccvm.sunysb.edu,    kmunn at sbccvm.bitnet