Curses (Text Window Manager Library)

Jeffrey P. Bakke bakke at plains.NoDak.edu
Sun Dec 16 14:29:26 AEST 1990

In article <1990Dec15.220718.3434 at chinet.chi.il.us> john at chinet.chi.il.us (John Mundt) writes:
> In article <1990Dec14.190336.2691 at sbcs.sunysb.edu> kmunn at engws7.ic.sunysb.edu (Kristofer A Munn) writes:
> >I have been working with the CURSES Window Manager on a HP-UX system here
> >at school for a few months now and have become quite fluent with it...
> >I am disappointed at the limitations the package forces upon the programmer
> >in the area of text font styles.  The only styles available are normal and
> >reversed text (using the STANDOUT() || WSTANDOUT(window) functions).
>
> You might become a bit more fluent with it and try the attron() and
> attroff() functions.  :-)

And YOU might want to check what curses implementation that you run on
your system.  We run SunOS 4 and if you use the BSD 4.3 compliant
compiler, you do NOT have attron/attroff + a number of other useful
functions in the curse package.  You have to specificially use
the sysV compiler.  Actually quite a pain here since the recent OS
upgrade we installed has caused the sysV curses to core dump on
initialization.... bummer...

--
Jeffrey P. Bakke                      |   There are a finite number of
  INTERNET:   bakke at plains.NoDak.edu  |   jokes in the world...