Quick Question - Strings

Doug Gwyn gwyn at smoke.brl.mil
Tue Dec 11 06:58:51 AEST 1990

In article <12677 at milton.u.washington.edu> mm at blake.u.washington.edu (Eric Gorr) writes:
>In BASIC, you can write the simple, one line instruction:
>    TEST = "Hello"
>What I want to know is how to do this in C after the code where I declared the
>varables.  Please provide some sample code...

The problem with such a question is that it betrays a lack of training in
the C language.  Rather than asking out-of-context detailed technical
questions like this, you should be concerned with how you can learn to
program effectively in C.  Start with Kernighan & Ritchie's "The C
Programming Language", second edition if possible, which explains all
you need to know about handling strings in C.