C style (was Re: extern)

Charles Hannum hannum at handel.psu.edu
Fri Jul 13 22:57:06 AEST 1990

In article <1990Jul8.145418.3368 at jarvis.csri.toronto.edu> flaps at dgp.toronto.edu (Alan J Rosenthal) writes:

   hannum at haydn.psu.edu (Charles Hannum) writes:
   >"... preprocessor games, ..."?  It's not a game.  It's a perfectly ligitimate
   >use of the C preprocessor.  If we weren't supposed to use it, it wouldn't be
   >included (based C's minimalist philosophy).

   Are you claiming that all of the obfuscated C contest winners are legitimate C
   programs?  Would you like to have to maintain them?

No.  Most of them are non-portable.  Coding style is not a function of the
language; it is a function of personal taste and that of the people you work
for, if any.
--

Virtually,
Charles Martin Hannum		 "Those who say a thing cannot be done should