C obfuscator

Tom Rombouts tomr at ashtate
Thu Jul 19 12:03:49 AEST 1990

davel at cbnewsl.att.com (David Loewenstern) writes

>I am looking for a program (or emacs macro) which will translate
>C code into unreadable but functionally equivalent code.  At minimum,
>it must replace all variable names with cryptic names such as a1, i23, etc.
>Ideally, it should also rename functions.  Further obfuscation isn't really
>necessary for my purposes, but wouldn't hurt either.

A long time since the original posting, perhaps, but there is currently
just such a beast posted in comp.sources.misc.  I have pulled it down
and looked at the sample files (which are indeed opaque!) but have
not actually compiled it.

Anyway, around here a code obfuscator would be redundant!  :-)

Tom Rombouts  Torrance Techie  tomr at ashtate.A-T.com  V: (213) 538-7108