C obfuscator

Dominic Dunlop domo at tsa.co.uk
Fri Jul 20 03:04:14 AEST 1990

In <12546 at netcom.UUCP> davel at cbnewsl.att.com (David Loewenstern) writes
>I am looking for a program (or emacs macro) which will translate
>C code into unreadable but functionally equivalent code.

Gimpel Software of 3207 Hogarth Lane, Collegevill PA 19426, telephone (215)
584-4261, fax (215) 584-4266, is advertising a product called C Shroud for
MS-DOS in recent editions of The C Users Journal (q.v.).  It costs $198
(for now).  Under ``Obfuscation Features'', the ad lists comment removal;
identifier translation; optional replacement of if, if...else, for, while,
do, continue, break for more primitive control structures; optional
expansion of macros and header files; string and character constants
optionally expanded to their octal or hex equivalents; optional name space
merging or splitting to enhance confusion.

Anybody used this thing?  I haven't...
--
Dominic Dunlop