MS C 6.0 LINK: how to suppress the Definitions File prompt?

William C. Marsh bmarsh at cod.NOSC.MIL
Wed Jun 6 06:02:49 AEST 1990

In article <4400 at infmx.UUCP> aland at infmx.UUCP (alan denney) writes:
>With the new version of the MS linker, a prompt for a Definitions File
>has been added.  As a result, linker response files created to work
>with the LINK that came with 5.1 don't work automatically -- the user
>is prompted to specify a definition file (or hit return for the default
>of no "deffile").  I would like to avoid the prompt altogether.

Simply add a ';' to the end of the libraries you use with the linker.
The ';' (which is in the manual, BTW) simply means "I've told you
everything I'm going to tell you" and assumes default answers for the
remaining questions.

Bill
--
Bill Marsh, Naval Ocean Systems Center, San Diego, CA
{arpa,mil}net: bmarsh at cod.nosc.mil
uucp: {ihnp4,akgua,decvax,dcdwest,ucbvax}!sdcsvax!nosc!bmarsh
"If everything seems to be coming your way, you're probably in the wrong lane."