VMS Specific question about binary reads using fgetc

Peter da Silva peter at ficc.ferranti.com
Thu Jun 28 21:42:19 AEST 1990

The subject is: "#include stdio" in VAX C. I claim:

In article <686 at illini.osc.edu> djh at osc.edu (David Heisterberg) writes:
> VMS often has include-like files in text libraries, and the VAX C
> extension to #include takes advantage of that.

They didn't need to create a new syntax for it. What I'm saying is that they
should have made "#include <stdio.h>" extract those files from those text
libraries, thus making the new syntax redundant.

> If you don't want to use it,
> then don't.  Who's putting a gun to your head?

The people writing the code that I had to support.

I don't know about you, but I don't have the advantage of programming in a
vacuum.
--
Peter da Silva.   `-_-'
+1 713 274 5180.